Pubs and Clubs

VAT Cash  Accounting  for  Pubs and  Clubs

As a pub or club, you probably
  • Pay VAT on any invoices you have issued, even if you have not received the payment from your customer
  • Reclaim VAT on any invoices you have received, even if you have not yet paid your supplier
However, using the Cash Accounting Scheme, you may be eligible to

  • Pay VAT on your sales when your customers pay you
  • Reclaim VAT on your purchases when you have paid your suppliers
Which Pub or Club can use this scheme?

You can use the Cash Accounting Scheme if your estimated VAT taxable turnover during the next tax year is not more than £1.35 million. Your VAT taxable turnover includes any standard, reduced and zero-rated sales and other VAT taxable supplies.

Once you start to use cash accounting at your pub or club, you can continue to do so until your VAT taxable turnover reaches £1.6 million.

Go Back ↻